Saturday, May 5, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Flowers

Roses...

 ... and leaves
I've already used up my pink 1.5" scraps in 9-patches, so this week I'm still sewing up dark greens.  I did start cutting into my hand dyes, which will be used for hand piecing (someday in the distant future), churn dashes, and stained glass stars.  My goal is to cut a little every day, so that when I am finally able to sew "normally," I'll have plenty to keep me busy and won't get bogged down with cutting.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  What new inspiration is out there this weekend?

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks great- and good job on using your time wisely!

Ivani said...

Hope you are feeling well.
Cutting is part of quilting and when you will be able to sew there is a lot of progress waiting for your stitches.

Edith said...

Now those are a lot of pretty pinks to play with.

gayle said...

You do have some pretties to work with!
I like to cut pieces ahead, too. Then when I get some sewing time, I can just sit down and go.
I hope your sewing time comes around soon!

Sheila said...

Beautiful pinks. I like to cut fabric strips and squares ahead of time, too.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

baby steps on the road to recovery. The preparation is all a part of a great quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beck to sewing? Yay, Katie!!!

Kate said...

Those pink and greens are beautiful. Sounds like you are doing a good job of planning for when you can get back to the machine.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...