Saturday, May 12, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Hustle

My dad is receiving an honorary doctorate today, so we need to be out the door soon.  I'll be brief!

I finished these 16 patches this week.
 I cut all the pink churn dashes.  I may start sewing them next week.
 I still need to pin and sew these.
Recovery is going well.  I still have a long way to go, and the only way to see improvement now is to break up scar tissue (OW!) and stretch even harder on tendons (even more ow).  I am faithfully doing my therapy.  It's a little discouraging to feel like I was doing well, only to discover I need to devote even more time to my exercises if I'm going to get back to normal.  I was hoping for a decrease in time, but not yet.

Have a great day!  (Go see all the pink.)

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Keep at it! Eventually all the therapy will just be a memory! I know it's hard and maybe a little discouraging now, but I always find myself thinking "just keep swimming" as Dory said in Finding Nemo. Not only does that help me remind myself that it can be done, it makes me grin remembering her character in the movie - all the silliness was fun! Your blocks look great and the churn dash colors are so bright and happy as I sit here on yet another rainy day...

Marly said...

Good luck with the pink blocks. I hope you manage to put in all the therapy hours required and get back to your old self soon.

Ivani said...

Your blooks look great.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love all those 16 patches, Katie! And you've given us some hints of your pink scraps, too! Congratulations to your dad and keep up the good (but hard) work on your therapy. Someday it will just be a distant memory!

Laura said...

Congratulations to your Dad, Katie! Wonderful achievement! Love all the 16 patches; I am thinking that I should sew some of my scraps into 16 patches. That may be a good leader/ender project for me.

The Joyful Quilter said...

PINK bits, at the ready. Dad's award is more important than sewing! Hoping he enjoyed a wonderful celebration.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...