Saturday, August 18, 2018

Clementines and Ocean Spray

This week was a doozy.  Swirl together a sprinkling of scarlet fever (or allergy to medication), a swig of the end of summer craziness, a dollop of the start of school jitters, and a crazy first two days of school, and you have my week in a nutshell.

JoJo started mainstream kindergarten at the same Catholic parish school as his big siblings.  I picked him up at noon the first day with most other parents, and he was angry because he wanted to stay all day.  His teacher reports that he’s doing great.  He’s exhausted, as I expected, but so happy.  Woohoo!

My churn dashes are done in orange.  I need to find my scratchings on how many more warm blocks I need, as I clearly forget every month.

I also made three bags for our van from stash.  I drive a 12-passenger Ford with four rows of seats, so stuff accumulates.  I’m hoping the bags will make it easier for the kids to help carry things in, since I may not venture into the furthest back row for weeks at a time!
It's mostly organized now after the giant closet shuffle.  Now to use it!

Finally, I paced myself on cutting the other elements for Aegean Sea.  After 10 minutes, I would sew or iron or read to the kids.  Everything is now cut and ready to go!

This Saturday, be sure to check out all the orange inspiration!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your stash is so beautifully neat. I need to attack mine before it swallows me up!
Great Churn Dash blocks!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Aren't those orange churn dashes pretty?! I loved hearing that JoJo didn't want school to be over quite so early - that nade me smile!

Deb A said...

So happy JoJo loved school! I'll bet that is a relief. The churn dashes are lovely and what a fun new project all cut and ready to sew.
You got this Mom!

Cathy said...

My grandson was looking forward to Kindergarten this year, too, but he goes full day and had a hard time adjusting the first two days. Now he’s a trooper, although we’ll see what Monday brings! I love your orange churn dashes and look forward to seeing them all come together. Is your hand and arm pretty much back to normal and are you still doing physical therapy?

maggie fellow said...

such happy churndashes:)

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those high and low contrast ORANGE churn Dash blocks!! SEW glad that you paced yourself with the Aegean Sea pieces and part. Congrats on a happy JoJo, but sorry to hear that you had such a challenging week!!! Take care and here's hoping that you find some time to work more on your various quilting tasks.

gayle said...

Oh, my, your weeks are just packed! Hopefully once the kids get settled into school you'll get a chance to breathe!
I love those orange churn dashes!

Mlada said...

Does JoJo like playing in his closet?

Kate said...

Wow, JoJo started kindergarten? He was just a baby yesterday right? I'm way behind on blog reading and email, so I just read your posts from two weeks ago. You had the big crescendo before the kids headed back to school. I hope everyone is doing much better and the scarlet fever/allergic reaction isn't too serious. Your Rainbow log cabin baby quilt is gorgeous. You've been making great progress on all your projects. Love your bright oranges. Hope you get to slow down a bit during the day with the kids back in school. Happy stitching this week.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...