Saturday, August 4, 2018

End of Summer Days

Last night, I struggled to remember why the week was so full of things other than sewing.  This morning, it’s all clear to me.  We had friends visit who also have six kids.  There were lots of dishes, a grocery store run, and tidying up after such a crew.

After they left. I threw myself into completing a quilt for my younger sister’s newest baby, due next month.  This is the longest it’s taken me to get a baby quilt done.  I also did some complicated quilting, as I desperately need practice on feathers, so it took a long time.  Then, I wrestled with the binding.  About that time, PK erupted in fever and a spotty throat, so an urgent care visit and prescription later, I’ve spent a fair share of the last two days and nights cuddling him.


And the tomatoes are coming out my ears (as are the weeds, oy!).

All that to say, I haven’t managed much orange scrappy sewing.  I did take care of my scraps from July.  My new fabric setup is quite nice for this, since the scrap tubs sit under the cutting board.  I have no excuse not to keep them tidy now!

I finally pulled my orange scraps from the 1.5” and 2” bins as well as the stack of hand dyes to cut down last night when PK was briefly happy.  Maybe today, if no one else becomes dramatically ill, I can cut and sew a little today.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Looks like you have a nice selection of oranges there--will be looking to see what you make...hugs, Julierose P.S. no wonder you didn't have time to sew!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Wishing you a moment or two of sewing time this week! Those orange scraps will make some pretty blocks, I think.

Deb A said...

Hope everyone else stays healthy and allows you some sewing time this weekend.

maggie fellow said...

you have been busy - happy oranges.

Mari said...

With kids it's always something. Hope PK is feeling better now and you can get to those cheerful oranges.

The Joyful Quilter said...


Good reasons to have gotten very little ORANGE scrap processing done this week! Here's hoping that PK is feeling better.

gayle said...

Hoping your crew stays healthy so you get a chance to breath (and sew!) Good luck!

Kate said...

Hope PK is feeling much better and that no one else got sick. Looks like you've at least made a start on the scraps for the month.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Pretty oranges!! Hope PK is feeling better and you get a chance to make something pretty before someone else gets sick - ;))

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...