Saturday, January 12, 2019

Here, There, Everywhere

I finished the last Great Granny Squared blocks.  My original plan was 5 or 6 a month, but this is what my red scraps yielded, so 4 it is.
 I've made a little progress on my Garden Mosaic quilt.  These blocks will be mixed with all the other blocks so the repeat of fabrics won't be noticeable.  The streamlining of block assembly is still a work in progress, but in a few months I'll have it down.
I'm slowing adding the wings to the star components of my 9 patches and stars, but I haven't gotten far here either.  That's fine, as I will also work on these during orange, brown, neutral, and pink months.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Check out all the other red projects this weekend.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Great blocks so far! Don't worry, you'll make up the numbers when we get around to colors you like better. That's how it always works for me.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty red blocks!

PaulaB quilts said...

Love those granny squares. Keep up the good work!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the Great Granny blocks, too! What size are your blocks for Garden Mosaic? I've seen that design, and it is quite amazing!

scraphappy said...

I like the idea of making as many blocks as you have scraps to use. I’d have a lot for blue and green if I tried that I think. Pretty blocks!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Depending on the setting used, we don't necessarily need the same number of each color for our Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts. Guess you'll be using an alternative to a single colored row... or I could mail you some RED scraps!!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...