Saturday, April 27, 2019

Blowin’ in the Wind

As I begin this blog post, the wind is blowing here, there, and everywhere.  The dandelion fluff is thick on the ground, and the weather is classic spring.

I have "inherited" Miss G and PK's cold, but I avoided their ear infections, so the crazy rolls on this week.  We are raising meat chickens again this year, so Friday morning I made a mad dash to the post office to pick them up before my oldest kids left for school.  I made it with about 30 seconds to spare.

I'm closer to finishing my goals for the month, although I've lost track of which Tiny Tuesday blocks are in which setting, so they are waiting for directions.  Otherwise, I need to baste and quilt my Sister's Choice in bee fabrics for the weekend.

My 16 patches are finished, my Tiny Tuesday blocks are waiting framing only, and my Garden Mosaic blocks are all done (please ignore the fact I didn't press the last of the light ones.  I was too tired.)

I really, really like how my bee quilt is turning out.  Seams matched pretty well, the borders fit the original measurements, and I already have backing and batting ready.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to visit all the beautiful aqua inspiration this weekend!

9 comments:

grammajudyb said...

I had the same problem with how to set the Tiny Tuesday blocks. Diann at Little Penguin has hers on display this week. I think I am going to follow her lead.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Pretty aquas - especially those sixteen patches.

Cathy said...

Wow, that’s a lot of sewing and great blocks. Especially from such a busy mom!! Way to go!

Julierose said...

Really nice projects you have going on! The wind is blowing like crazy here, too--last night we had thunder and lightning storms...very soggy here this springtime. Hope you feel better soon..hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The wind is blowing here, too, and it changes your whole feeling about the day. Pretty aqua blocks on your design wall, Katie! So fun to see all those Broken Dishes blocks for Garden Mosaic - it's going to be amazing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, how I love an AQUA-filled design wall!!! Here's hoping that your cold clears up quickly. Enjoy quilting your Bee quilt!

Jennifer said...

that is a whole lotta aqua cheeriness up on your design wall!

Susie H said...

Love your aqua blocks. As for the Tiny Tuesday frames, I've just been doing every other on my own. There was one that was supposed to be on point but I didn't like it set that way so I framed it. Th next 2 went on point and all was right again in the "every other" method.

Kate said...

Oh yuk! Hope the cold is very short lived. You've got some gorgeous teals up on the design wall. For being so short on sleep and not feeling well, you've had a great month.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...