Thursday, April 4, 2019

Finished Quilt: St. Patrick’s Breastplate

I have been participating in Judy Laquidara’s “12 Things” challenge this year.  I made my list of 12 quilts/projects I wanted to make, and I’ve been working through one a month.  This month, due to a Spring Break, it took me all the way to the 31st, in the evening, to finish the last binding stitches!

The quilt blocks reminded me of 4 leaf clovers, so I decided to go green to celebrate all things Irish.  Then I found a splendid green and gold stripe, which I used for the border and backing, so I chose gold and cream fabrics for the backgrounds.  Once it came to the quilting, I decided to quilt in the words of the prayer called the Breastplate of St. Patrick.  It took a bit longer, but I always enjoy hiding cool things in my quilting.

Once washed and dried, it’s a lovely quilt to behold.  I do see a few bleed marks and I think I can guess the culprit.  Next time, I’ll soak it using Vicki Welsh’s magic instructions, and all should be well.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope the bled comes out - I hate when that happens but have followed Vicki's advice as much as I can without having a spare bathtub to soak a quilt in the machine has to do

Vicki W said...

It's a great quilt! The only time I haven't been able to get bleeding out of a quilt was when a black bled on a black on white print. No other white fabrics in that scrap quilt got stained. I'm convinced that there was something treated on that one fabric.

Mari said...

This turned out so pretty! I love all the different sizes and how they play together. They do look like four leaf clovers!

maggie fellow said...

beautiful quilt- it is a treasure trove of lovely greens.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous finish, Katie!! I'm a big fan of a quilt for all seasons. Although, mine is a (quilted) jacket for all seasons. Fun!!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...