Saturday, May 18, 2019

Bundles of Blocks

This week was a week for block construction.

All 41 blocks for my nine patches and stars are finished.  I laid them out wrong in the first place, but then I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why my block count was so wrong.  If your rows are the wrong number, the math doesn’t work!  I picked out dark green sashing and tan setting triangle fabric.  This is going to be great!
Next came the blocks for a baby quilt.  Part of me wants to throw the whole stack away.  The bias is such a mess, despite my caution.  At least they are done,  I think I have a plan for the leftovers and offcuts.  They look better in the photo than in person, so maybe they are redeemable.



Finally, I worked on my Garden Mosaic blocks. These didn't quite make it to "bundle of blocks" status, but most of the triangles are sewn and pressed, so I made good progress.

I'm late posting today because this morning and last night were scrambles to mow, till, run drip hose, and plant seeds before the thunderstorms set in.  DH is wrapping up mowing, and Spunky and I accomplished the hose and seeding.  Whew!  It is currently pouring.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Check out the glorious orange projects this weekend!

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

Boy, I love the blocks in that first photo

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those blocks in the first photo too - caught my eye right away

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This time of year there is so much to do outside! Some days I feel lucky to have a chance to sneak into the sewing room for even a little while. Your nine patches and stars quilt is going to be beautiful, Katie!

The Joyful Quilter said...

The things you accomplish in a week (with all those bigs and littles) is mind-boggling to me!! At least, the bigs are getting old enough to provide some real help, from the sounds of it. Yea, Spunky!!

Kate said...

Love your 9 patch blocks! That is going to be such a fun quilt. All the rain has really been nuts. Our forecast calls for two more days starting tomorrow. I guess I should enjoy the sun today! Hope you get more block bundles done this week.

Jennifer said...

lots of great progress for you this week! sewing certainly slows down when the spring work hits, doesn't it? we're in full force now, too. and even started back up our CSA, but a shorter 10 week season.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...