Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Finished Quilt: All that Glitters

My "12 Things" project for April was a quilt made from my bee fabrics.  We keep bees, I'm apparently dangerously allergic, but they are so lovely to see flitting around.  I wasn't sure what to do, and I still don't love my block choice, but it is what it is.
I chose the Sister's Choice block.  I still have some 10" squares and a fat quarter or two whose print were too large to work in this quilt, so I see another bee quilt in my future.
The quilt is roughly 62" x 84", quilting with an all-over gold in a loop and wandering meander, imitating the flight of a bee.  I don't think bees really wander as much as people think, but really are checking out the directions of other bees or the scents on the air.  I backed it in a green with gold flecks and bound it in the yellow border fabric.

Next up, since I'm tired of finishing a quilt so close to the deadline of the end of each month, I'll be making a baby quilt or two.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well I like it a lot!

Kate said...

Congratulations on a very pretty finish.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...