Thursday, May 2, 2019

May Goals

In April, I wanted to...
1.  Finish a Sister’s Choice quilt using my bee fabrics.  Done!

2.  Given time, start an Irish chain in very soothing blue greens.  Bwahaha.  Nope.  I’m changing the plans on this to baby quilts next month, which are might smaller than an Irish chain for my bed.

3.  Scraps: trim up the bucket (it’s full this month), and in aqua make Garden Mosaic blocks, Great Granny Squared blocks, the Tiny Tuesday sampler blocks, one large Lepidoptera block, and 16-patches in aqua and blue.  I don’t have a lot of separate blue scraps, so I think I’ll try to use them all this month.  The pile is smaller than the greens of last month.  Done, done, and done.

In May, I would like to...
1.  For my fifth project on my “12 Things” list, I’ll be making a baby quilt (or two, depending on how it cuts up).  This was my July project, but I’ve spent the last few months pushing really hard to finish my projects, and I need a slower month.

2.  If there is time, I’ll start on some market bags for Christmas.

3.  Scraps: trim up the (much emptier) bucket, make orange Garden Blocks, make one Great Granny Squared,  2 Lepidoptera blocks, my Tiny Tuesday blocks, and make my warm 9-patches into blocks.  I’m not sure I’ll get all 42 done, but I’d like to make good progress.

I find I have spent a significant amount of this year unwell or with unwell children, and my more complicated quilts might have to wait for another year.  I am so tired lately, and planting season only gets crazier, so that’s all there is!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Matching goals to your available stitching time is wise, it just gets frustrating otherwise. I haven't had the sick kiddos, but I'm ready to turn the page on April and hope that May is much better for me health wise. Fingers crossed May is much better for your family on that front too. Good luck with your May stitching plans.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...