Sunday, October 20, 2019

Stash Report Week #42

I’m having a hard time wrapping my mind around the reality that there are ten weeks left to the year.  I have been on low power mode for so much of the year that I feel a little cheated on 2019.  Ah, well.

I finished a quilt this week.  It was a quick one, no planning of colors, mostly using scraps, simple quilting, quick wash, and done.  It feels good to have a nice quilt done.  I was pleased that, other than cutting 10 or so strips from stash fabrics, the entire rest of the quilt came from the 2.5” bin.  I had a mini mission to use up this box in 2019, and while it’s not empty yet, I made good progress.

After the hiccup of two bundles of fabric this summer, my numbers are recovering well.  I’m over halfway to my goal of 30 yards out for the year.  I have tentative hopes of finishing two quilts from my Great Granny Squared blocks as well as my Lepidoptera quilt, the sum of which will easily bring me to 30 yards out for the year.  Somehow, the thread has also been vanishing rapidly, so my total used is 19 spools.

IN this week: 0 yards
OUT this week: 6 1/2 yards

IN YTD: 76 yards
OUT YTD: 91 3/4 yards
YTD Total: 15 3/4 yards OUT

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the year is flying by way too fast for me! glad you were able to complete one! with as busy as you are it must be hard to find time

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too! I don't know where the days went - but we're almost out of year - AGAIN! Congratulations on your finish - you always amaze me at the amount of sewing you get done - ;))

Kate said...

I'm with you, where did this year go? Congrats on the finish! Even more congrats for using up scraps!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...