Saturday, October 26, 2019

The End of (Tiny) Things

This week, I had a good time creating or finding new blocks for my remaining Tiny Tuesday blocks.  The Assistant suggested an egg, so I made a teal one with a brown background.  Next, Spunky informed me I needed a caterpillar, so I made a bright green one on green leaves.  I know it blends in too much, but that’s what caterpillars do.  I may add a little black to it... or I may not.  Next up was a chicken.  I had to take someone else’s idea, thanks to Mr. Googlepants, and draft my own for a 4.5” block.  Last up was the green ”T” block that, with strategically placed black dots, may become a dog. That’s it.  Now it’s time to play with sashing ideas!

Next up, I made good but incomplete progress on my Garden Mosaic blocks.  I finished 80 blocks, but didn’t finish any black ones.  I guess I’ll tackle those next week.  I still haven’t decided what to do about these blocks.  I suspect I’ll make four smaller quilts, as I don’t need a large one, but I still have time.

On the health front, I consulted a midwife friend, who had some excellent suggestions that I’ll be taking back to my doctor.  I have hope that we’re finally making progress and, given the right medicine, I may finally feel more like myself again!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I skipped the tiny blocks that so many were making - after making two Dear Jane quilts some years ago the tiny blocks weren't calling me :) I did get the hexies back out though and will try to finish one that I had started a couple weeks ago when we were traveling and never got back out to finish.
I hope your friend has helped and you will be back to "normal" soon

Cathy said...

Looking forward to seeing how your cute TT blocks turn into a quilt. And you sure have lots of possibilities with those yummy neutral blocks.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well... hopefully that will lift soon and you will be restored to full quilting health!
Great progress on these blocks!

Linda Schiffer said...

I wish you excellent luck with your health problems. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue (had it for about 25 years) and I very well remember what a problem it was to get my doctor(s) to come to a diagnosis/treatment. Sigh. MY very best wishes for success to you!

:) Linda

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So fun to see all your TT blocks up on the wall, and I like how you've added your own designs to get 48 of them! I've been trying to come up with a scrappy border so that I don't need any more tiny blocks, but thst's feeling a bit lazy, lol! Love your Garden Mosaic blocks, too.

Susie H said...

Your TT blocks look great! I also tacked my blocks on the design wall to see where I was going on this one. Sure was a fun QAL! Hope between the doc and the midwife things start getting better for you. This has gone on long enough and nobody knows it better than you.

Kate said...

Your TT blocks look really good. Those should make a very fun and bright snuggle quilt. Have you decided on a RSC project for next year?

Mari said...

Great tiny blocks! Is that Sally's chicken that you redrafted? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Can't wait to see your finished top. I really hope your midwife friend is right and you're more like yourself soon. Good vibes coming your way!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on finishing up your Tiny Tuesday blocks, Katie! Looking forward to a much improved health report in the near future.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...