Tuesday, October 1, 2019

October Goals

In September, as I had hoped to...

1.  Make a purple stocking for my “12 Things” project.  Done!

2.  Finish piecing my Irish Chain quilt, my as yet incomplete “12 Things” project from August.  I might even try to baste it, but that depends on whether or not I’m hand quilting it.  That decision is still ahead of me.  I’m leaning towards a hand finish, as I could pull out my quilting frame, which has long stood empty.  Will my little people, particularly Miss G, damage the quilt if I have it in the frame?  That is the great question.  One seam short of a flimsy

3.  Scraps: This month is purple, so I need to trim the scrap bucket and make lots of blocks for Garden Mosaic, Great Granny Squared, Lepidoptera, Tiny Tuesday, and 16 patches.  No 16-patches, but otherwise I made good progress.

In October, as recovery still goes slowly, I hope to...

1. For my 12 Things project: Make progress on the Irish Chain.  I need to either baste or load it on the frame.  I could do something else, but I think it would be wiser to stick with the old project and keep it going.

2. Scraps: This month is black or brown, so I'll trim, make Garden Mosaic blocks, Great Granny Squared, Lepidoptera, and Tiny Tuesday.

3.  A teal and red quilt for someone recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You are doing well. I wish you good luck on your progress, and a speedy recovery.

Kate said...

Considering new baby, health issues and an active family, you do amazingly well at getting things done. I only had one kiddo and getting in 15 minutes of sewing was a challenge. You do amazing things! Good luck with your plans for October.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...