Monday, September 30, 2019

12 Things: September Update

This month, my main “12 Things” goal was to make a new Christmas stocking for my oldest.  Roughly two years ago, I assigned a color for each of my kids for dishes, towels, sunglasses, and other “everyone has one” type of items.  My oldest is dark purple.

Separately, even more years ago, I started making cowboy boot stockings for our family with no particular color in mind as I made them.  These are fabulous patterns by Prairie Moon Quilts.  Well, now that we have colors, I’d like to work towards making the stockings match.  That way, the littles can remember which stocking is theirs without any trouble.

My only challenge was accidentally self-imposed.  The dark purple fabric I chose was too dark to mark for the embroidery, so I had to freehand, and my drawings are not nearly so lovely as Shelly’s.  I still love it!

The secondary goal was to make progress on my Irish Chain quilt, which was incomplete from August.  Since it’s two seams and a little pressing away from being a finished flimsy, I’ll take it!  I should be picking a new project for October, but I think I’m going to stick with the Irish Chain.  I don’t like having too many unfinished projects hanging over me, especially with the health-imposed restrictions I currently have.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love the purple stocking! That's such a fun idea to have a color for each kiddo (and probably really practical too).

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...