Wednesday, September 4, 2019

September Goals

In August I wanted to...
1.  For my “12 Things” project, the goal would be to finish the quilt.  However, there’s no way.  I’d like to get as many of the 72 blocks made of strip sets made as possible.  Nope, nope, nope-ity nope.  I have all the blocks with six strips sets sewn together, but I still have a ways to go for 72 blocks.

2.  For my light blue scraps, I’m going to trim up the scrap bucket, make Great Granny Squared blocks, garden Mosaic blocks, aim for 2 Lepidoptera blocks, 5 Tiny
 Tuesday blocks, and make some more 16 patches as leaders and enders.  I think I’ll let the Lepidoptera blocks slip first, as I don’t have any more blue fabric and they are more time consuming than other blocks.  Trimming, Garden Mosaic, Great Granny Squared, and Tiny Tuesday blocks were finished, but I didn’t do anything on Lepidoptera blocks or 16 patches.

3.  I forgot to add to my list making a mini for the Teal Mini Swap, which raises money for ovarian cancer research.  I made a Great Granny Squared Block, but in teal rather than blue, and hand quilted it.  I’m very happy with the outcome.

In September, as I still recover slowly from a hard pregnancy and postpartum period, I hope to...
1.  Make a purple stocking for my “12 Things” project.

2.  Finish piecing my Irish Chain quilt, my as yet incomplete “12 Things” project from August.  I might even try to baste it, but that depends on whether or not I’m hand quilting it.  That decision is still ahead of me.  I’m leaning towards a hand finish, as I could pull out my quilting frame, which has long stood empty.  Will my little people, particularly Miss G, damage the quilt if I have it in the frame?  That is the great question.

3.  Scraps: This month is purple, so I need to trim the scrap bucket and make lots of blocks for Garden Mosaic, Great Granny Squared, Lepidoptera, Tiny Tuesday, and 16 patches.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck with your September goals. Hope you get in more sewing time than you expect too.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...