Saturday, September 21, 2019

Summer Slowdown

Ah, clouds and rain and cooler temperatures have arrived.  It looks like, for the foreseeable future, we will stay out of the 90s, and tomorrow we have excellent rain chances.  While I’m hoping for no dumpers, we’ve had enough hot, dry weather that some rain will do us good.

My latest and greatest (or worst) postpartum woes are unrelenting headaches.  Who knew that the good things I’ve been doing (breastfeeding and losing weight) can cause hormone fluctuations and violent migraines?  Not me!  Friday evening I finally wriggled out from a week-long battle.  I hope I can have a few days respite.  In the meantime, I’ve done more pinning and embroidering than piecing as getting downstairs didn’t happen as often as I would like.

Still, during the decent hours I managed a fair bit.  I will confess to sewing more and cleaning less!

My Tiny Tuesday Block was a work of only minutes.  I think it looks lovely with the other purples.

The second Lepidoptera block, while significantly larger than the first, only had one minor mishap that was easily remedied with the stitch ripper.  There are only four left!

In typical leader and ender fashion, I pieced all of the triangles for my Garden Mosaic blocks this week.  A few still need pressing, but it should be a breeze to finish them next week.

Finally, in other purple-but-not-scrappy sewing news, I completed the embroidery on the boot stocking I’m making for the Assistant!  This was easier to manage than hauling BJ downstairs as often, so I made my chair time count for something.  I love it!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. I’m linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend.

6 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

So awful that you are getting headaches. The new Lepidoptera block is so cute. It looks great in purples.

Kat Scribner said...

I'm so sorry for you for those nagging headaches. There can be so many reasons why this is happening. When I was in my 30's I had severe, chronic headaches... after many tests, they put me on Inderal. after a few weeks, it truly worked. I was on that for many years. after menopause, didn't seem to need it anymore, but looking back, I think I had severe sinus troubles and anxiety. Good luck with your search for relief !

P.S. I meant to say …. those butterflies are gorgeous!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love seeing all your purples, Katie - especially the latest butterfly! Gorgeous! So sorry you are dealing with those headaches though. I also dealt with headaches when I was younger that I thought were due to hormones. Just like Kat said, they went away after menopause, which I'm sure is not very comforting for you! :) I hope you find something that helps you.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Feel better soon, Katie. Three cheers for sewing MORE and cleaning LESS!!! Your PURPLE blocks for the RSC look great!

Susie H said...

Here's hoping you're feeling better today and better each day forward. Your blocks look beautiful and the boot is amazing! Great job!

Kate said...

Sorry that you are sill dealing with postpartum issues. Headaches are never fun. But are you sure those are postpartum, I've been having problems with headaches and I'm pretty sure it's our fall cool down that's responsible for those. Love all your purple blocks. The butterflies are going to be such a fun quilt.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...