Friday, September 13, 2019

“12 Things” Progress

My not-scrappy goal for this month is a replacement stocking for my eldest.  After making most of the stockings, I assigned each of my children a color of the rainbow.  We use this for dishes, bath towels, and sunglasses in the car, among other things, and I realized it would help our littles to remember whose is whose at Advent and Christmas if they were made in the “correct” colors.

It may be obvious from this photo, but the Assistant’s color is purple, specifically, dark purple.  Spunky has shifted from orange to light purple since BJ’s birth.  We need one repeat color, and it made DH happier to give his baby boy orange rather than purple.  Spunky was happy to change, and she already has a light purple stocking, so no remakes there!

I am not skilled at embroidery, but I am attempting one new stitch (maybe more, if I get brave) on this quilt: satin stitch, and I’ve been reviving my French knot skills.  I love how this boot looks so far.

If you are in search of own collection of boot stockings, the patterns are made by Prairie Moon Quilts.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a great idea to help the littler ones know whose is which. Love the new purple boot.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...