Saturday, October 28, 2023

Cold Weather Sewing

My recovery is sooo slow.  Unfortunately, my migraines are back in full force, so I’ve had a nasty headache everyday for the last two weeks.  I’m over it.

I almost have my flimsy.  Almost.  My major goal for today is to get these borders on!  This is for my friend with cancer.  She’s already had her first treatment, so I want to keep moving.
These may not be from my scraps, but they are all entirely from stash, and I have my 90 blocks sewn into twosies and foursies.  This is for my my best friend from high school.  She’s getting married in December, and today is the first anniversary of her dad’s death, so it’s a good day to work on this and send her good thoughts and prayers.
My tan and brown 2.5” squares are finally turning into blocks.  I won’t make it to box blocks this month, but at least these will be done!
My big accomplishment for the week is completing the body of my hexagon quilt.  You can see the front and back of it below.  I have the edges sketched out, so it’s now time to start making filler sections.  I’m thrilled.  That also means it’s time for me to consider what the backing should be.


from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful gifts on the go! Sorry to hear that Covid brought back your migraines in full force. My DH maintains that it attacks your weakest link. For him, that was bringing back his frozen shoulder pain (which had just finished healing.) I'm amazed by your hexie project, Katie! Best of luck with the finishing and I hope you will be feeling better soon.

Vicki W said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope this passes for you soon. The hexie quilt is spectacular!

Kate said...

A two week long migraine is not fun at all. Hopefully it ends soon. Love those pale blue twinkle stars. Your hexie quilt is amazing! Love all the colors you've used. Here's hoping recovery moves a big quicker next week.

Sara said...

I hope you are on the mend soon. But looks like you have still gotten a lot done in the sewing room.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...