Sunday, October 1, 2023

Stash Report Week #39 and 15 Minutes

 I finished a bojagi curtain panel this week, which is good, as I purchased fabric to finish it as well as start a quilt for a friend recently diagnosed with cancer.  I have exhausted 90% of my neutrals, so I didn’t have anything to use.

IN this week: 3 1/2 yards
OUT this week: 1 yard

IN YTD: 44 1/4 yards
OUT YTD: 82 1/4 yards
YTD Total: 38 yards OUT

I have a quilt ready to baste, and a large quilt to assembly in the next few weeks, so I’m still headed in the right direction.  I used up two spools of thread for a total of 18 used for the year.  I feel a need to clear the project list a bit to help clear some brain space.  This year doesn’t appear to be calming down any time soon.

On the 15 minutes front, I spent a depressing week ripping out an entire star.  Somehow I flipped the quilt and attached the star to the top.  So rip, rip, rip, and stitch all over again.  I’m finally past it, so I feel less frustrated, but ripping out a large motif is definitely demoralizing.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z,

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...