Friday, February 22, 2013

Purple party!

Originally, I intended this doll quilt to be my penultimate purple post but... It's been a rough two weeks at Zana's Ninis.  Multiple illnesses have ravaged the family, culminating in an ear infection for JoJo and influenza and bronchitis for me.  And you know how it goes... When Mama can't cook and clean, ain't nobody goin' to cook and clean.  God bless my husband, but he IS working more than full time and was ill as well.

So, catch up time...  There are 20 new purple spools.  Since I don't know what I'm doing with these spools, I'm not worried about how many of each color I have.  Once I make a plan, if I need more of a color, I'll just cut a few 1 1/2" strips from my stash!


This lovely doll quilt is for my niece Anni, whose fabulous mommy is overdue (Lil Bit's due date was the 18th).  If I see my mom before she leaves to help my sister, this quilt will tag along.  I hand quilted it very simply, as I didn't want to make it stiff.  I did have to cut a 2.5" strip from my stash when one of my scraps was .5" shorter than I thought and planned.  No worries, as I still used up almost all my purple!






I also finished one twirly skirt!



from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

9 comments:

apple slice said...

love your spools! gorgeous colors.

Sara said...

sickness is at our house too these last couple days and it is not pretty:( Hope you are feeling much better.

Love that cute skirt!

scraphappy said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon, it is the season for germs to share. Pretty purple block too, glad you found a little time to sew.

scraphappy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scraphappy said...

So sorry I hit post twice -- I am so inpatient some days.

Cyn said...

Nice spools! You sure managed to do a lot while 'down with the bug'. Boy that's sure going around. Love the twirly skirt!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great ton of purple going on here. Love the spools, I do not worry about how many, just do them. I could see some of mine in two quilts not just one quilt. Sorry you have a sick house full. Get better.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

We've a had a sick month too... hoping it is OVER! Love your spool blocks.

Sheila said...

Pretty blocks. Sweet little quilt. Hope everyone gets well soon.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...