Friday, February 1, 2013

Fiber Finish

I made this cute jacket from this pattern on etsy.  I opted to leave off the hood as I really wanted to finish it (and hoods are hard with babies).  The only thing I dislike about the pattern is the method of joining.  I tried it to follow the pattern, but if I make another, I will try my own methods



I followed the 3-6 month directions, but JoJo, who is already 10 lb. 11 oz., is swimming in it.  I certainly hope he'll grow into it before the weather warms up.  Earlier this week, on Sunday and Monday, we had windows open and I couldn't sleep at night because the house didn't cool down.  Craziness!

I'm glad I finished it, and will look through the other patterns I bought from this shop and try another!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

Linking up to AmandaJean's Finish It Up Friday.

2 comments:

Susana Neiger said...

Great work! Handmade sweaters are just the thing for babies ... And he will probably grow into it soon!

Alzbeta said...

I love it! It looks soft and cozy... and very fashionable, actually! I'll be excited to see how it looks on him once he grows into it :). You are so talented, sissy!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...