Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Medallion Mystery Step 1 (January)

I'm writing this post the night before I report to the hospital to be induced, but since I don't know when I'll get back to blogging, I'm scheduling this for towards the end of the month.

Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times is hosting a Medallion Mystery, month by month.  After my "meh" reaction to Easy Street, I wasn't even thinking about partaking in another mystery until...  I learned Vicki Welsh was dyeing a set of fabric for the quilt in my favorite colors.  I was sold!


I had a cutting issue with the light green due to my own preggo stupidity.  Hopefully it won't come back to bite me in the end.  If it does, I'll have the lesson about reading directions more than once reinforced thoroughly.

I have no idea how these bits will fit in the final picture, so after spending some silly time arranging them, I decided just to snap a photo of the pieces complete.  It was after dark when I finished, and I will be in the hospital by daylight, so this will have to do.

The directions are clear, the fabric beautiful, and the pieces, so far, are intriguing!

Thank you, Judy and Vicki!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

make.share.give said...

After several years of loving orange, pink and red, I've started leaning toward blues, greens and grays. Can't wait to see how these fit into the mystery.
Happy Wednesday, get some rest.

Vicki W said...

Not to worry, you have extra fabric! I made some of my own cutting mistakes!

Gail said...

Wow! This is going to be so pretty!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...