Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Get It Done February

I didn't join Judy at Patchwork Times in January for her Get It Done challenge as I knew a baby would be arriving by the middle of the month, so ANYTHING that was finished was a bonus.

Now JoJo is here, and while life is ever-changing with a newborn, I do have some projects on which I would like to make progress.

1. Month 2 of Judy's Mystery Medallion quilt.  Month one was quick and easy, so this should be a very reasonable goal.

2. Sew 5 red blocks for the sampler listed on my "short list," on my sidebar.  I'm really struggling with choosing blocks, cutting fabric one block at a time, and just working on this quilt.  Isn't that pathetic?  I like the fabric, especially the border fabric.  I don't love that I opted for all different blocks.  I like orderly lines of the same block.  If I set a goal of a few blocks a month, even if the top isn't complete by the end of the year, it will be much farther along than it was January 1!

3. Finish 1 twirly skirt.  I have three identical skirts with no particular deadline, cut and ready to pin and sew!

4.  Use up my purple scraps, per the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Plans include a doll quilt, more spools for my in between quilt, 2" 36 patches to go with the pink one from last month, and, if there are still scraps (as there probably will be), a coin baby quilt.

5. Mending.  I have a jumper to rehem and need to buy buttons to replace a missing suit coat button.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Your list seems reasonable. As I remember life with a new born, if she was asleep, so was I. You are doing fantastic in my book if you make any progress on anything in your list.

Donna said...

Congratulations! Getting anything extra done with a newborn is to be commended!

DeeDee said...

Sweet baby - congrats!

Linda in Arkansas said...

Congratulations - she a really sweetie. I couldn't do anything when my kids were little (and especially newborn)not even read. Well, not read my books - just nursery books.

Dar said...

I went back to see your beautiful little Jo Jo. What a precious little one. I admire you for getting anything done on your list with a newborn and 2 other kiddos to tend to. You are a superwoman in my book.

Sharon - IN said...

Congratulations on your new little one! have fun with her and your new goals!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...