Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pleased as Punch

My friends, it has been quite the scrappy week!

The Bits and Bobs blocks were prolific this week.  All these triangles clearly came from a number of quilt bindings.  I had no idea I'd bound so many quilts in purple.

My rainbow Carrie Nation quilt is done, done, done!  This giant finished at approximately 96x104, and I love evey last inch of it.  My original intent had been to piece it more in keeping with the rainbow scrap challenge, but the intended recipient, who was learning the basics of quilting with this quilt, asked if we could finish it by her wedding in June.  Um, sure?!?  We raced through the blocks (we'll need to talk about when to pull pins out), into rows, past miles and miles of pinning rows together, and finally into a beautiful top.  I pinned the quilt on my own, one day when the kids were mellow, then quilted it over two or three days.  The binding took three days, and then I was done!  My friend gets to practice pinning, quilting, and binding on a smaller and less urgent quilt.  I calculated 20.5 yards out with this beauty, so I'll finally have movement on my stash report as well.

As if such a massive finish weren't sufficient for the week, I also managed to pull this blocks into a flimsy on Friday.  You might ask where the purple went, since we're supposed to be using purple this month, and I'll point you to the backing.  What do you think?  Part of me wishes I'd cut the sashing narrower, or added a darker color in somewhere but I was limited to the coordinating fabrics and what was in my stash that went along.  I'm planning on some straight line quilting, but I have time to ponder.

Be sure to check out the last of the purple projects this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  Miss G is going to crawl any day!

14 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your projects all look great, and that Carrie Nation quilt is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on a fabulous finish!

Jennifer said...

wow! you SHOULD be VERY pleased with yourself! your carrie nation quilt is stunning- it's obvious that you've put a lot of care and consideration into the color way, and color changes. great job!

sunny said...

Wow! Your Carrie Nation is awesome!!

Scrappy quilter said...

I agree your Carrie Nation quilt is awesome! You were able to get lots done, Great job!

Mari said...

Oooh, I love the Carrie Nation quilt! So beautiful! What a lucky friend you have! (And what a cutie at the end there, too!)

Julierose said...

What a prolific week of finishing up! Love that purple and white quilt and Carrie is gorgeous..not to mention cutie pie at the end..such a doll! Hugs, Julierose

JoEllen said...

Your Rainbow quilt is stunning! I do not see a way to follow your blog, but I would love to!

quiltedfabricart said...

I love how ou transitioned the colors on the Carrie nation. Did you quilt it too? Gorgeous quilt!

PaulaB quilts said...

The Carrie Nation quilt is a real winner. You have a very lucky friend!

Sue SA said...

Wow that big rainbow quilt is stunning. What a great stash buster. I cannot believe you got it quilted so quickly! Well done.

Angie said...

Beautiful finish on the rainbow Carrie Nation! Your friend will have special memories.

Kate said...

The Carrie Nation quilt is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish.

Cathy said...

I think there's an echo in here...Your Carrie Nation is awesome, gorgeous, fabulous. And, wow, Grace is ready to crawl already?

Sheila said...

Congratulations on your wonderful finish. Love it. All your projects look awesome. Especially your Laurel Burch quilt in progress. I have some of those fabrics, too : )
Miss G is a cutie. She looks like she is ready to take off.

Plugging Away

Somehow I spent most of this week thinking it was the last week in March.  I’m glad I have another week! I have plenty of purple still to se...