Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Wednesday UFO Update

I love finishing a quilt when all the steps go right.

Since I often work with 1.5” pieces, these 3.5”x6.5” bricks felt enormous when I started cutting and sewing the strip sets.  It’s amazing how fast a top comes together with such large pieces.  And now, it’s quilted with prayer words for my friend who is recovering from a TBI.

At one point, I considered mixing up the red and tan prints, but then I realized it could be fun and not too complicated to run them down in diagonal rows.  I like it.

I soaked the backing ahead of time, knowing the red and black fabric, a batik, was highly likely to bleed.  It took quite a bit of soaking to release all the extra dye, so I’m glad I took the time.  When I washed and dried the quilt, I did look for bleeding, but this time, all was right with the world.  It's a comfortable lap size, about 60" x 72".

Now I need to pack it up and ship it away!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta Volk said...

What does the quilting say?

Kate said...

Congrats on a very pretty finish! That one came together very quickly.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...