Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wednesday's Work in Progress

Ordinarily, I would post about one of my 12 chosen "UFO" projects for the year.  In reality, none of them were UFOs, but patterns or quilts I wanted to make, or collections of fabric that I wanted/needed to use but kept delaying.

Here's my original list:
1. Red and white Ohio star completed 2/20
2. Dragon quilt completed 6/7
3. Aegean Sea completed 10/6
4. Red and green Jared Takes a Wife completed 7/5
5. St. Patrick quilt
6. Rainbow Log Cabin completed 8/3
7. Green and brown fabrics for a boy quilt completed 9/23
8. Baby fat quarters completed 3/19
9. RWB triangles completed 5/20
10. Charm pack completed 1/9
11. Hand pieced hexies
12. Chubby pinwheels

In reality, number 11 was never going to be finished in the space of a year, particularly after I broke my hand and couldn't hold a needle for months.  I think numbers 5 and 12 will be combined into one project.  Right now isn't the time, however.  Other, unplanned, quilts have demanded precedence, I will be working, as part of this challenge, to finish the Assistant's abandoned plus quilt and my friend Emily's quilt.
I have four rows together, and everything else arranged for sewing.  They're a bit tedious to line up since I need to keep turning blocks to make seams nest, but it's exciting to see it finally coming together.  The garnet background fabric is a leftover from dresses I sewed for all the girl cousins when my youngest brother married a few years ago.  It seems to be the gift that keeps on giving, you know, one of those fabrics you keep using and it never disappears?!

I look forward to another list for 2019.  I guess it's already time to begin the list.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...