Friday, November 30, 2018

December Goals

In November, I wanted to...
1.  Keep scrapping.  I will trim the scrap bucket, finish one 16-patch quilt, finish the churn dash blocks, move the Assistant's scrap project to finished (or at least a flimsy), and cut the wings for the 9 patch and stars quilt.  Done, including a finished 16-patch quilt, churn dash quilt, and the Assistant's scrap project.

2.  Finish Emily's quilt.  Yes.  She was so appreciative, particularly of the quilted prayer words, so my heart was filled with her gratitude.

3.  Cut and begin Nicole's quilt.  Yes.

4.  Make 8 market bags.  Nope, I scratched this plan.  I decided I've done enough for Christmas gifts this year, so I'll use the market bags for next year's gifts.

5.  Mending.  I want it done before Christmas decorating and preparations begin at the end of the month!  Surprisingly, there were very few items despite their bulk, so this onerous task was done in a day or two.

6.  Bonus: Jude's placemat is done, I made a purse and inner bags, and an apron!

In December, I would like to...
1.  Oh, the scraps.  There is a ridiculous pile of scraps due to November's multitude of quilt backs.  I'm also going to keep on with 16-patches, since they are mindless enough to be quick to sew between concerts, parties, projects, and visitors.  I might begin sewing on the wings of my stars quilt, but I'm making no promises.

2.  Finish Nicole's quilt.  I have few scrappy projects, so I should be able to make this beauty come together.

3.  Begin Miss G's pink quilt.  It's going to be large pink squares, so an uncomplicated quilt.  The cutting will take a bit, as my hand is aching again, but the actual stitching will be quick.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.


No comments:

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...