Saturday, December 1, 2018

Waning Rainbows

This time of year, in a flurry of finishes, I'm afraid my rainbow sewing becomes a bit dull.  This week was a slog through my enormous pile of untrimmed scraps, which had gotten out of control thanks to all of this month's quilt backings.  Fortunately, they are all neatly put away and ready for new adventures.

I quilted my churn dash quilt on my new Juki and found it to be quite a learning curve.  The quilting foot doesn't seem to lift as high as I'm used to, so I broke three needles on lumpy seams.  I count it as a learning experience, and I'm pleased with the actual finish, so I'm not going to agonize over it.

The quilt is roughly 6' square and currently has no home.  I'm sure I'll find somewhere that needs a donation!

As with all other Saturdays, I'm linking up to Soscrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Join us, won't you?

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love this quilt so much that I might have to make one myself.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a really neat layout! I love the design you created with color!

gayle said...

Your churn dash is amazing! What a perfect layout! LOVE!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your RSC finish!! You created such a fun (and unexpected) design. I can't wait to give your technique!

Kate said...

Love the setting for those Churn Dash blocks! Congrats on a fun and colorful finish.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...