Saturday, December 8, 2018

Here, There, Everywhere

My fabrics are all spread across the rainbow this week.  I've pieced a few blue, green, purple strips for 16-patches, I've cut and sewn giant pink squares for Miss G, and then I've hit the blacks and greys for a more subdued quilt.

I have spent some time in the last weeks mulling my projects for next year.  I have a tentative list of “non-scrappy” quilts I’d like to make, and I think I’ve narrowed down my scrappy sewing too.  I don’t have anything glamorous planned; I have regretted, in the past, being too booked with my own plans to add anything spur of the moment.  There is room next year!

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

Perfect time to ponder plans for the new year. I hope you find just the right projects to fill in the open spots in your sewing plans.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's fun working with several projects throughout the week and all kinds of colors, too! I agree - it's always nice to leave room in your plans for things that come up on the spur of the moment.

Chantal said...

That sounds so wise. Leaving room for some spontaneous fun quilting project is exactly what I need too. Enjoy! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Love, love, LOVE those black and gray blocks!! Here's hoping that means that you've been making friends with your new machine. I shot my 2018 RSC plans to smithereens! Best of luck with your relaxed set of goals.

Kathy S. said...

Love those greys!!! As long as you're having fun, the plan will fall into place.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Love the blacks and greys! Don't worry, plans will arrived as soon as your are not planning ;)

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...