Saturday, December 22, 2018

Finished Quilt: Moonstone and Pearl

I've had a not-so-stitchy start to my day, which is fine considering it's almost Christmas.  Tomorrow, my sister's family arrives for a week visit, increasing our household from 8 to 14.  Today we made peanut-free muddy buddy and kolache dough is rising.  The laundry is endless, as always when we're all home, and the tidying up is never done!

That being said, I did sneak in just enough time to finish the binding on my last quilt which used the pattern Faceted Jewels and which I've now named "Moonstone and Pearl" for grey jewels.  I'm lovely excited that it's finished and beautiful.  There are a few places where the same fabric touches, despite planning efforts to the contrary, but I've decided to leave them.  This Advent, I've made a real effort to stress and worry less, and no one else is going to care if the same fabric touches!

There are other beautiful finishes to be seen as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Katie, that is a beautiful quilt, and it looks like you gave it the perfect name! Have a wonderful holiday with your family!

Pat said...

LOVE your quilt! It’s beautiful!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That is beautiful - and the name is perfect! Congratulations on another finish! Enjoy your company this week and have a VERY Merry Christmas - ;))

Vicki W said...

That is a beautiful quilt! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on a stunning finish!! Glad to hear that you are trying to stress and worry less. Should make for a much more peaceful holiday!

scraphappy said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I hope you have some time to e joy your company while they are there.

Alzbeta Volk said...

1 hour and 9 minutes to go until we’re to you!!!

The quilt is gorgeous and you are a queen of the sewing machine.

Kate said...

It's a gorgeous finish! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...