Saturday, November 10, 2018

Rainbows of Scraps

Progress is being made.  I quilted last week's flimsy, but it's by my chair waiting for binding attention.  I'll snuggle down in that right after I finish this post.

I've already done my morning duty of attending to our chickens in the 17 F weather.  My pointer finger nails still burn, despite the gloves and winter gear.

Here are most of my churn dashes, ready to piece together,  I've pulled the center squares to work on, so you'll have to wait to see the finished product for a few weeks!  I'm so glad the color balance works out pretty well, despite no replanning.

I also have been piecing together the rows for the Assistant's Plus quilt.  I bungled sewing the rows together after the first two, but I decided I didn't want to rip the rows out so you can see two white blocks touching.  Oh, well.  This is by no means a perfect quilt.
from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Chantal said...

Oh! I love your Churn Dash quilt. I so love your Churn Dash quilt. This is my kind of scrappy quilt. Looking forward to the flimsy stage. ;^)

Quilter Kathy said...

The churn dash quilt is going to be amazing! Love the colour work you did!

Mari said...

The churn dash quilt looks amazing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun layout for your churn dash quilt! I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening in the center

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, wow!! I had no idea that you had such an intricate design planned for your Churn Dash quilt. Can't wait to see this one come together!!

Kate said...

Love the setting for your Churn Dash blocks! That is so cool! Hope you get in lots of good stitching time this week.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...