Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bike Bag

Okay, Lori... Here's my bike bag.

It's two quadrilateral pieces, 8" wide and 6" long (finished). They were supposed to be triangles, but I realized it would be ridiculously difficult to manage the zipper if I had to end it on such a steep angle. The blunt end of the quadrilateral is approximately 2".

One has a zipper inserted about 1 1/2" from the top. I didn't instert the full 8" of zipper because it would have complicated the seams. I still think this is big enough to get tools in and out easily. In between the two pieces is a 2" wide strip of material. You could cut it into 4 pieces, one for each size of the quadrilateral, but I did just one strip. Before I sewed all the pieces together, I stitched 4" pieces of velcro onto the 2" strip where it would allow the 2 long sides of the quadrilateral to be attached to the bike. The velcro is sewn on with the fuzzy side out and the hook side in so it won't inadvertendly catch clothing.

Clear as mud?

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

Yes, clear!! No mud! I would have not thought of putting the "hook" side on the inside, I think I will have to try and make one!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...