Tuesday, March 3, 2009

a Day in the Life

We are finally doing better, here in the room of Zana's Ninis. There was major trauma in the night when Screamer decided she couldn't sleep (but she sure could cry when DH said, "Shhh!"). There was a minor meltdown when the Assistant screamed that she couldn't take a nap in her room. Maybe the meter reader came (the meter is near her window) and scared her? She was definitely terrified.

We visited a new grocery store today, Aldi's. Didn't know I needed a quarter to get a shopping cart, but it was fun. Definitely cheaper than Dillon's/Kroger, so we'll be going back again.

Slowly I am still cutting for Judy's Stash Busting Quilt, but I'm trying to get my hand quilting done for the week first. Since I'll be gone for 4 days later in the month, I need to keep working on the BiL's quilt if I want to finish it by the beginning of April. The binding is waiting on my charity quilt, as well as on my quiltlet, but again, the hand quilting comes first. I also need to move on the Screamer's dress. Maybe when the noses stop being wiped on my dress!

It's warming up this week, and our first baby leaves of spinach are peeking out in the cold frame. Mmm!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Hey! I have the address for that baby quilt...call me tomorrow or I shall attempt to call you :).

I love you!

Alzbeta said...

I miss you.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...