Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stash Report Week #10

One more week until Spring Break! This week I will try to clock enough hours to be able to take a decent break next week. I need a break (but I need the paycheck!).

This week, I finally finished the quiltlet! It will be for my Older Sister's birthday in April, but it is now washed and dried. (1 yard out) I still need to learn how to lay out the backing for quilting (this one definitely has some puckers), but the top looks nice. I used my Quilt Designs program to find borders, so that was fun and new. This is all scraps, mostly leftover from a wall-hanging I made for my younger sister last year.

I also finished Screamer's birthday dress. You'll see pictures this week, as her birthday is Tuesday. (1 1/2 yards out) She can walk, so I can put her in a dress without worrying about her crying because she can't crawl. She'll still fuss some, but I'll know she's capable of maneuvering, and she'll be so cute!

We visited a Mennonite town nearby to buy a two-man saw for DH and I to use to cut the large limbs from the tree-trimming extravaganza that took place here Friday. The girls spent the morning glued to the sewing room window to watch the man in the tree scamper around like a squirrel. It was well worth the money, just for the girls' entertainment.

At Yoder, we also visited a quilt shop, where I bought two fat quarters of star fabric, and the Assistant picked out her own special fabrics. I shudder a bit at the large print she picked, but oh, well.

OUT this week: 2 1/2 yards
OUT YTD: 28 yards

IN this week: 1 yard
IN YTD: 74 yards

YTD Total: 46 yards IN

This week, I plan to quilt my two rows, bind the charity quilt, and finish the top for Judy's mystery. If I have time, I'll try to quilt an extra row so I won't be behind after our trip to the cabin over spring break.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

For a self taught quilter, you are doing just fine!! And I would have been one of those kids watching the man in the tree, then I would have been the first one out the door to do what I had wached!! It would have been fun to have seen that!! And a two-handed saw. I have never tried one of those, but I have seen them. Have fun!!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...