Friday, April 2, 2010

Stash Report Week #14

Edited to add: No baby as of Saturday night!

Since I might be in labor, I'm going to write my stash report on Friday. I don't know who took this picture, but apparently the Assistant didn't want her picture taken. I've banned her (and DH) from taking pictures of me until the baby's born, so I understand!

This week, I had some finishes (hooray!) First, there were two bibs made from "Petite Pizazz," a book Karol-Ann sent me when she was cleaning house. I altered the pattern a bit, but enjoyed having a pattern and some guidelines on what to d0. (1/2 yard)

My MiL sent some money for me to buy a new Easter dress. Since I'll be nursing, I decided to buy a nursing top and make my own skirt. Of course, that involved buying fabric (3 yards for me, 1 yard for the Assistant), but I already finished the skirt so it's ready for Easter (if I'm not in the hospital!). (2 1/2 yards out)

Then there are 6 placemats I've been working on for a friend who had a baby about 6 months ago, and I never got around to giving her a gift. That would probably be a result of throwing up regularly at 3 months of pregnancy. She visited with her family last week and commented on the placemats we use at our house, and how she should make some. I thought, hey, I can make some for her eventually. I'm glad they're done (3 1/2 yards out).

Finally, I finished a lap quilt for a friend who is the Assistant's godfather. He is getting married in July. There is NO WAY I'll finish a queen-sized quilt by then, so I made a lap quilt. I love the colors and fabric, but I used most of them up in this quilt (it's similar to the baby quilt I made a month or so ago). (5 1/2 yards out)

I also finished up 2 spools of thread (they were partials), to bring my total to 18 use for the year. That does include some spools of thread given away, including 5 spools I gave to my sister yesterday as an early birthday present with my old Singer sewing machine.

I am loving the walking foot on my new machine and am seeing how far I can get another baby quilt before I say to DH, "I think it's time to go to the hospital." Of course, it could still be early labor for a long time. I'm just going to try to make it through the next couple kicks and contractions.

IN this week: 4 yards
IN YTD: 83 1/4 yards

OUT this week: 12 yards
OUT YTD: 96 1/4 yards

YTD total: 13 yards OUT

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Mary-Kay said...

I hope all goes well and you hurry up and have this baby. You've been very busy for someone who is about to deliver.

sewkalico said...

Still thinking of you! You really are busy busy so it won't be long I'm sure.

Quiltsmiles said...

I'm very impressed with all that you got done. Good luck with the delivery of the assistant's youngest sibling and Happy Easter.
Jane

Lori said...

I keep checking, hoping the Easter Bunny left you a new baby in your basket!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...