Sunday, May 9, 2010

Stash Report Week #19

This week, I cut some kiddie prints for a quilt for a friend to make for her new daughter. That was 1 3/4 yards out. I also bought backing and a few more quarter yards, but since they are going straight to her and not my stash (her birthday is tomorrow), I won't be counting them.

I finished the Snail's Trail quilt for 4 1/4 yards out. Alas, no pictures. I finished it just before the crisis began in my family, and nothing normal was done yesterday (like taking pictures!).

Yesterday, my younger sister went into preterm labor (7 weeks early). While they tried to slow her labor at the hospital, she is at this moment almost fully dialated, so baby Nuggette will be born this morning. She will probably weigh in at about 4 pounds. My sister lives 8 hours away by car, or one direct flight, so yesterday morning was spent helping my mom pack and get to the air port, then figuring out how to take care of my dad and brother (who can fend for themselves, but they are men, after all!), how my older sister and I need to be available for my SiL who is actually due to go into labor any day and has a little girl we will be taking care of... it was a long day. LONG. God bless my brave sister as she is so strong about this whole deal!

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 87 yards

OUT this week: 6 yards
OUT YTD: 108 1/4 yards

YTD Total: 21 1/4 yards OUT

Making slow progress... I did received a lovely large giftcard from my MiL for Mother's Day. I walked out of JoAnn's will a handful of clearance zippers and some "Hello Kitty" things for the Assistant. I'm just waiting for things to go on sale!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

that baby just wants to be born for mothers day. good luck to them, my niece was born 7 weeks early (15 years ago) and after the first 3 months could not tell her from any other kid her age.

kathie

sewkalico said...

WoW! You certainly have it all going on over there! I will be thinking about all the babies due in your family and wishing for safe arrivals!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...