Monday, November 8, 2010

Design Wall

Having never posted a design wall post, this may be a little dull.

Welcome to a corner of my dining room table.  As our house is on the market, I can't have a design wall right now, so this is temporary (until the next fit of decluttering seizes me).

We have a block for my version of Judy's Peaches and Dreams quilt.  There are 30 total, and I think I have 7 done/needing to be ironed.  I'm aiming to assemble the pieces of one each day.

Then there's the wool candle mat I won when Judy had a giveaway.  I think I make the buttonhole stitch backwards from the directions, but I'm a lefty (and proud of it!) so that will have to do.  The stitches are slowly improving, although my spacing and depth still needs serious work.  I had a New Year's Goal of learning a new skill, and I guess this is it!  I've done limited applique, but only with a blind stitch - nothing fancy.  I should be a pro at buttonhole stitches and french knots by the time I'm done.

Finally, my blocks for the Assistant's pink quilt.  I need 159 of these little blocks, and I am about 1/2 done.  They are being pieced alternately with my blue blocks.

Check out the other design walls at Judy's place!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL. Design Walls are NEVER dull! That is one of my favorite quilts
glen

Denise :) said...

No such thing as a dull design wall! You have your work cut out for you with those little blocks! Have fun! :)

Chris said...

All design walls are exciting! Even if they are design floors or tables or couches :)

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad to see someone else making Peaches and Dreams. I LOVE that quilt!

Diane said...

great post! love your projects piecing 2 projects at once is a great time saver and thread saver if your doing it leader/ender style.

Lori said...

right, left, it doesn't make any difference as long as all the stitches go the same way! And if you make a block a day, won't be long before you have enough for a whole quilt!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...