Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stash Report Week #48

0 in, 0 out

There wasn't much time for such things this week.  I didn't even finish crocheting my second sock, which I thought would be easy!  There were supposed to be quilt shop stops, but the shop had closed 15 minutes previous, and then due to Bear Cub Q (see below), we only stopped when necessary.

Instead...
Monday from 8-5, Bear Cub Q and I volunteered at a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training.  In the evening, I packed to leave for San Antonio.

Tuesday, see above.  Then, I had to move my entire atrium-worth of materials back to my parish.  At 6 pm, we loaded the kids in the car.  DH drove, I convinced the kids to stay asleep.  At 11:20 pm, we arrived in Dallas.  The girls were so hyper (as was Bear Cub Q), that DH and I, exhausted as we were, didn't get to sleep until well after midnight.

Wednesday, we drove to San Antonio to see DH's Memaw and some of his dad's side of the family.  In fact, we spend Thanksgiving day at Cracker Barrel waiting to eat lunch.  Note to self: you really should cook Thanksgiving dinner or at least order something you can pick up the day before and warm up at home!

Friday, we drove back to Dallas so we could see DH's brother and wife, who's having a baby any day!

Saturday, we attended a baptism in Dallas, ate lunch, and drove home.  By the time we loaded up in the van, we were sure Bear Cub Q was running a temperature, so we gave him ibuprofen.  At 5:30 pm, 1.5 hours from home, Bear Cub Q said he was DONE with the car, but we made it home.

Last night, he would only sleep in my arms and latched on to nurse.  This morning, he is awake and smiling, but still feverish.  Poor little dude.  Depending on his level of illness, there may night be much sewing this week either (and there's A LOT of laundry to do... all the places we stayed/visited had pets, and I think we're all mildly allergic).

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.  Maybe someone actually did some sewing!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Tamera said...

Hope the baby's better soon!

Kate said...

Sorry the baby's not feeling well. Hope he's back to normal soon.

Sounds like a frantic Thanksgiving. Why is it that after trips like that the laundry seems to multiply like rabbits? Something about being in the car I guess.

SpinningStar said...

Wow - that's a lot of traveling with young ones - hope you get to stay home for Christmas! Hope Bear Cub is feeling better...liz

Charlene S said...

We were visiting in San Antonio on Thursday too. But this year we ate at a friend of DDs. A change in environment always made my girls sick when they were younger. It might have been the drastic change in temperature from Thursday morning to Thursday afternoon.

Lori said...

Oh dear--we ate at the Cracker Barrel in Sioux Falls on Thanksgiving--no waiting. traveling with kids--I can imagine the laundry. Good luck on sewing this week. I hope Q only had a quick bug and is over it.

Angie in SoCal said...

Katie, that sounded like a very busy week. You are brave to go to so many places with a 7 month old baby.

Hope things are back to normal soon and Q is better.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...