Friday, February 18, 2011

Busy Week

I've been cutting, cutting, and cutting some more!  While the machine is set up for the 5/8" seam for the cassock, I've been cutting clothing - Easter dresses, princess dress, vest for DH.

The cassock progresses slowly for many reasons: I am finishing the seams without a serger, and that's slow going.  I am trying to do it all right, so I don't have to buy new wool and start over, since this is for a friend to be ordained a deacon in May.  I am making mistakes - sewing where I'm not supposed to, or on the wrong side.  Next up is the collar, where I had LOTS of trouble with the practice cassock.  Wish me luck!

There are only 8 rows left to handquilt on Pink Things!  Soon I will be ready to work on Favorite Things - finishing the borders, basting, and hand quilting.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...