Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Sts. Cyril and Methodius Day

Ah, I'm counter-cultural about things like this.  Not that I don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but this is more a family thing.  See, the thing is that I grew up in a VERY strongly Czech/Bohemian family.  (I can even cheer for Nebraska in Czech).  So today, I celebrate the patron saints of all Slavs - Cyril and Methodius.

And no, I did not write "Happy Sts. Cyril and Methodius Day" on my daughter's valentines for school (but that didn't stop me from thinking about it.  Long.  And hard.)

Happy Confirmation name day, bro.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I would LOVE to hear you cheer in Czech. I have a couple of GREAT kolache recipes---straight from Tabor SD! (they have annual "Czech days" every year.)

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...