Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stash Report Week #8

Despite my no-buy pledge, a trip to a quilt shop (in search of a BOOK, not fabric), resulted in 1/2 yard in for the Assistant.  At least it wasn't for me, and it wasn't pink (we have enough pink scraps to last me a LONG time.  a long time.  seriously.).

IN this week: 1/2 yard
IN YTD: 36 yards

OUT this week: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 8 1/2 yards

YTD Totals: 27 1/2 yards IN

I've been doing lots of browsing on the internet, and have pages of ideas.  Once the cassock is done, my machine is going to be running like crazy.  The cassock... it's slow going.  Saturday morning, sewing the one seam for the collar took 20 minutes because I had to rip out twice.  My nervousness is definitely slowing me down, but the results are elegant, so I guess it's not all a bad thing.

Yards and yards of cutting... princess dress, Easter dresses, a vest, a skirt. Yet to come?  Overalls for the Assistant and a vest for Bear Cub Q.  When it is all done, I will have some serious busted fabric!

7 1/2 rows of quilting left on the Pink Things... I will be working hard on that!

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like the stash is going to take a big hit in the next few weeks. Good luck with all your projects.

Lori said...

you're getting a lot done along with three kids. What kind of vitamins do you take??

Jo said...

If you want to get rid of pink...Bonnie Hunter's Roll, Roll Cotton Ball would be perfect. I just finished mine.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Nice to see another quilter making garments like me! It changes things up a little.

Marti said...

Sounds like you have a lot of projects in the works. Good for you!

Angie @ CraftedAngles said...

Wow - you did great with 8.5 yds out! Great stash report.


Angie - http://craftedangles.com

Lori said...

There are lots of clothes that will require buttonholes!! I'd suggest extra strong velcro--but you know what kids will do with that--you will be chasing half dressed kids down the aisle during the sermon!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...