Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stash Report Week #7

Best news first... I do not have a broken ankle, only a bad sprain and some nerve damage on the side of my leg that should resolve with the help of ibuprofen.

Not best, but also excellent...  the quilting on the Assistant's Pink Things quilt is over halfway complete.  Now that I'm back on my feet more, I won't be quilting as quickly, so it will still be a few months, but I have time.

My February challenges are done.  To read about the saga of UFO #10, read this.  I also finished my violet table runner, but due to company and a house showing, there is no picture this week.

Now that my challenges are complete, I need to make serious progress on the cassock.  I've self-imposed a deadline of Spring Break, which is 5 weeks away.  I also need to sew Screamer's princess dress, but I will work on cutting out those pieces while the sewing machine is taken up with the cassock.

IN this week: 0 yards
IN YTD: 35 1/2 yards

OUT this week: 2 3/4 yards
OUT YTD: 8 1/2 yards

YTD Total: 27 yards IN

Slowly but surely, I'm making progress!

Check out the other stash report disasters and successes on Judy's blog, the Patchwork Times.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Tamera said...

Way to go on finishing your challenges before February is even half over!

Jo said...

I finished up my February challenge lastnight. I am picking another one from my pile that isn't very far along and have started working on it. Once summer comes, I don't have as much sewing time so I am hoping that will help be able to finish those UFOs on time too.

Kathie said...

Glad there is more sewing in your future.

Anonymous said...

You're doing really well with finishing up all those challenges, especially since you haven't been feeling well. Hope your ankle gets better very soon! :) Take care, Dianne B. in England

Alzbeta said...

Katie, Mom brought the table runner and I adore it! It is bringing all kinds of sunshine and happiness to my living room right now (it's on the coffee table until its time to switch out the tablecloth on my kitchen table). Thank you SO much. You are amazing!!

Lori in South Dakota said...

glad to hear your foot is on the mend, however slow. Laughed at the missing part of the directions--that happens to everyone at some time. And the diaper decreases---now THAT'S a milestone!

Amy said...

Katie, You are really making progrsss on your projects.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Good job on finishing your Feb commitments, and continuing to use your fabrics!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...