Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Little Joys I Have Forgotten to Mention

Bear Cub Q has learned to walk.  I think he waddles like a penguin; my mom says he walks like Frankenstein; my older sister oohs every time she sees him walk.  There is something so amazing about the first toddling steps of any baby, and Bear Cub Q has all his charm going when he walks toward someone.

He has also climbed stairs unassisted several times when his sisters have left the baby gate open.  I'm not as excited about this accomplishment, but I am relieved that he didn't fall.  Now to work on that baby gate staying closed.

The Assistant has her own sewing machine.  She will turn 5 in April, so she is a bit young, but she doesn't get to use it without my help.  She earned the machine for finally (excuse the mommy potty language) pooping in the potty.  We have had a year + of trauma with terrible constipation, so we offered her her own sewing machine when she was finally 100% potty trained.  She started doing all her business on the potty around the time she got the stomach flu, but that didn't hold her up, and I am so grateful.  In the last two months, I have gone from 3 kids using diapers (not all the time for the girls, but diapers are expensive) to only Bear Cub Q. It's beautiful.  No constipation lately - whatever it was finally clicked!

The Screamer's previously frequent accidents on the floor due to anger, defiance, etc., have mainly faded to an unpleasant memory.  There are still accidents, but only if Mommy or Daddy forget to take her to the potty every few hours.

I love my mom.  She's done almost all my laundry since I hurt my foot (washed, dried, folded, and delivered).  God bless her.  She still has plenty to do at her own house, but she's been keeping mine as well.

Today, since I was up anyway, I made cornbread, pumpkin bread, and ground wheat.  We made poptarts yesterday, and they're almost all gone.  Tomorrow's a snow day, most likely, so we'll see what fun I can get into then.

My foot is feeling better, even if my leg is not.  I will see a doctor on Thursday for, if nothing else, some coping mechanisms.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Katie, it was wonderful to see your little joys! What a happy thing to get to read while I'm up pumping. I love you, sissy!

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

Yay for potty training, congrats to her! I bet she is loving her reward, and I bet you are loving the less diapers ;)

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...