Sunday, October 2, 2011

Design Wall Monday

One last table runner before the fair (if I finish it... I think I can, therefore, I can!).  This might be my last table runner for the year, too, since next month I might have plans other than a table runner for the monochromatic challenge!

I'm also quilting away on my Favorite Things quilt (pattern: Peaches and Dreams by Judy Laquidara).  Now that I'm doing the blocks in a simple free-hand line, I'm making progress.

The Screamer's aqua/turquoise and red quilt is moving along as a "leader-ender" type of project, in between piecing the above runner.

There are four placemats ready for quilting.  I may sneak in one or two while I quilt the RWB runner, but I doubt I'll get to all four this week.

My UFO for the month is a charm double wedding ring quilt.  No, I'm not going to make the whole quilt this month!  I'm sorting out the bag of scraps that are to be cut down.  Why did I save a 12" x 12" piece when I only need a 3" x 4" piece?  Because I'm so gosh darn lazy I never bothered to measure how big a piece I needed.  Therefore, as I am embarrassed by my laziness and the mess, I am cutting all the scraps down to 3" x 4", and the rest go into the appropriate scrap bags.  This will tidy up my scrap drawer and give me a much better view of what I already have!  Maybe, in a year or two, I'll be ready to start cutting the arcs (that might be on NEXT year's UFO list!).

Check out the other design walls at Judy's place.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Denise :) said...

Sounds like you've got a good plan put together! I love fall fairs -- are you entering or selling or both? Have fun (and really, isn't that the important thing when it comes to quilting?!?) Enjoy your week! :)

Vicki H. said...

Very cute table runner. I have all my scraps in a bin of all shapes and sizes. I sift through it and periodically pitch the 1x1" pieces that I am not going to use. :) I like the proces of sorting and discovering things I "forgot" I had. Good luck getting your projects done in time!

Brita said...

Why does it seem that sorting stuff takes even longer than making a quilt! But it does feel good, and I'm always inspired to use up those bits!

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...