Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stash Report Week #42

Only 10 weeks remain to the year, so I am hard at work considering my goals for next year.  One thing I know I will have to do is SLOW down on my quilting.  After the rush to work on sewing projects while preparing for a craft fair with lots of crocheting, my hands hurt, particularly my thumbs.  What does that means?  Slow down!  I'm not very good at listening to such instructions, but I have done better this week.

I finished my placemats on Saturday, not rushing through the binding like I normally do in order to give my hands a break.  This resulted in 2 1/2 yards out, bringing my total to 27 of 69 1/2 yards I would like to use by year's end.

I also completed my UFO for the month.  The amount of trimming involved was slightly sickening, and I've promised myself I won't let it go years again before I sort out what stays with the pattern pieces!

A memorial quilt is in the works as a commission, and as a leader-ender type thing, I am working on the Screamer's red and aqua quilt.  Other than that, next week only contains quilting on my Favorite Things and making ONE hat for my lovely older sister.

The most exciting thing in my week was finished my table runner pattern!  Come back tomorrow to enter to win a free pattern.  Woohoo!  If you haven't seen my table runners, here're a few of them...


Check out the other stash reports at Judy's place.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Jo said...

The table runners are cute...

Melanie said...

Love your table runners! Hope your hands are better soon!

SpinningStar said...

Your runners are great - I have to hurry up and finish quilting my runners to show off.

Take care of your body!

liz

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...