Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stash Report Week #43

This was supposed to be a week of rest, and I blew it all on Saturday, quite possibly.  Let me make excuses...

I quilted 7 blocks of Favorite Things, which is less that 25 minutes of hand-quilting a day.

I machine pieced blocks and finished a memorial top.  No hand-hurting there.

I crocheted ONE hat for my sister.  And stopped.  All week.  (Well, almost... I finished a scarf.  Still, that's much less than usual.)

Then, being a genius, I forgot that taking 8 hours of training on Saturday would involve at least 3 or 4 hours of taking notes.  And I take notes with the same hand that holds needles and hooks.  DOH.

So, another week of rest, but hey, I'll be able to finish the center of my F.T. quilt this week, even at a reduced pace, and I'm not crocheting this week, so there's hope!

Someday I too will bust stash again (and I didn't buy anything, which helps!)

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Wow you accomplished a lot, but yes, no rest on your hand thats for sure.

SpinningStar said...

Good work, but you do need to protect those hands. Hope you get some rest this week.
liz

Melanie said...

You sure made a lot of progress for someone who is "resting". Take it easy this week, if you can.

kwiltnkats said...

Not being repetitive could be a good thing. Takes stress off the parts that get the most use. Hope this week you have time to lay low :)! Sandi

Lori said...

resting the hand is boring, but.....!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you for your new table runner pattern. I am already pulling colors. Our breakfast bar is 70 inches long and this runner will look great on it!!!
Gwynette

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...