Monday, October 17, 2011

Ring Around the Runner

Congrats to Gwynette!

I'm so excited!  I've finally finished editing (with the help of some fabulous people like Liz and Vicky... not to mention my sister Alzbe) my first pattern.  While I hope it's not my last, my printer might!  Yes, I am self-publishing for the time being.  What's the point of paying someone else to do it when I don't know if it will sell enough copies for that to make sense?

Anyway, this pattern was born of the monochromatic challenge posted by Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times for 2011.  My idea was to make a table runner a month to create enough for gifts for all the adult women family members in my life.  After one or two, I thought it might be fun to share this pattern with others, as it's super easy!
(10 of the 11 I made over the course of the year, hence, the wrinkles)

The table runner finishes at approximately 18" x 60".  It can be made using anywhere from two fabrics to totally scrappy!  There's even a page where you can design your own, with guidelines on how many of each piece you will need to cut.  Directions are given for a 3 color with alternating rings (the green and red one below), two colors, four colors, and a color wash using a fat quarter bundle.



Sound interesting?  You can purchase your own at my etsy site for $8 plus shipping.  I'll ship pretty quickly, as I have some printed and ready to run to my favorite box store!  Even better, for one lucky quilter, I'm giving away a copy of this pattern.  Leave a comment here telling me your favorite color combo.  I'll draw a name (or have my trusty Assistant draw a name) on Friday, October 21, probably after my Assistant get home from school.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

(By the way, if you find that it is sold out at my etsy site, check back later.  I'm not going to list 100, as I get charged per listing, but will definitely add more if I sell out!)

7 comments:

Lauren The Artist said...

Congratulations! That's awesome.

yorkie mom said...

Yea for you!! I love the black and orange for Halloween! gougeonathome@charter.net

Sarah Beying said...

I love the blue one! (2nd one down in the picture). These are great! farminator05@yahoo.com

Mary said...

Great Progress on your Christmas Project. I'd like to Win your pattern.

Michelle MMMM4 said...

I love the colors of fall all year long. I tend to lean toward combos of reds, browns, greens and golds. Congrats on making your own pattern.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on the pattern! I love the gtreens!

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Your runners are delightful and what a great idea for a runner of the month. I love blue and yellow together with a dash of lime green which is MY neutral.... LOL!!!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...