Sunday, October 30, 2011

Stash Report Week #44

Is it really week 44?   That hardly seems possible?

Many good things this week...

My hands are much improved, so I can move on with some sewing and crocheting projects... But slowly. I would like to prevent a flare-up!

I finished my memorial quilt (I'll show pictures once I have permission).  I used 1/2 yard from my stash for this quilt, bringing my stash usage to 27 1/2 yards of the 69 1/2 I want to use by year's end.

Gwynette won my pattern giveaway, and I'll ship her pattern on Monday. Thank you to everyone who entered.

I finished the last six blocks for the center of my Favorite Things quilt.  Now, three sides of border remain, hopefully to be completed by the end of November!

With a friend, I canned blueberry jam, strawberry jam, peach jam, and mint jelly. We are hoping we will each have a year's worth of jam on hand.  We also made applesauce and apple pie filling, although I didn't cook the filling long enough, as it didn't set.

The voting is over for my Scraps to Treasures quilt, so in the next week, I'll be posting about its creation.  I think it's safe to post a picture, so here is the finished product:

Check out the other stash reports at Judy's place.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Kathie said...

Love that star quilt, very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Great color selection on that quilt to really make it glow

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I use Clear-Jel when I make pie filling. It's what my Amish neighbors use and works much better than regular cornstarch. Just don't make the mistake of using the instant version, which works fine for using fresh or frozen apples for making apple crisp or pie, just not for canned pie filling...you wind up with a gluey mess before you ever get to the point of adding the apple slices. The voice of experience talking here. :))

Anonymous said...

I gave a lady at church your name today--I hope she orders a hat. (Millie)

Jennifer said...

Great quilt!

SpinningStar said...

Great quilt & I love the colors. Glad to hear that your hands are doing better.

liz

Cindy Quilts said...

Very pretty quilt! and the jam sounds wonderful. You've been busy!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...