Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Memorial Quilt

I finished this memorial quilt last week.  It will be delivered over Thanksgiving, but as I have several special orders for hats waiting in queue, I'm glad I finished it early.




This was challenging for me, as the clothes spanned a range of time from baby dress to high school memorabilia, and the colors varied widely.  Also, as you can see from the number 15 in the upper right corner, there were some issues with wear on the fabric.  That blue stretched out despite being stabilized, so my quilting options were limited!  Mostly there's SiD around each block, with an X through the sweatshirt and a few stabilizing lines through the large pieces of fabric.

The purple was chosen as Cari's favorite colors were lavendar and sage.  I chose the border fabric from Sweetwater's Hometown (I think) line because the words speaking of home and family really seemed to fit this quilt.

Enjoy!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...