Sunday, November 25, 2012

Easy Street

Since I can't sew right now, I thought I'd update on my progress on Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery.  This year, my first to participate, is called Easy Street.

I think taking pictures is safe while on the couch, so I took pictures of my fabrics.  I traded for some of my black-on-whites and apple greens.  Fortunately, turquoise is my favorite color, so I was set there, and purple turned out not too low either, although I did add a few pieces.

Shopping rounded out my black-on-whites and apple greens, and brought me a grey, as the only grrey in my stash was too light.

My favorite greens are from this stash pack by Vicki Welsh.  Aren't her fabrics amazing?

Hand dyed fabric from Vicki Welsh on the left!

My strip sets are sewn and pressed.  If I can sneak in a few upright minutes today (shhh!), I will subcut a few, but I won't have my four-patches done for awhile, I would guess.

What are you going to do with your quilt, if you are participating?  I'd love to say it's going on my bed, but I doubt it.  The colors aren't really my DH's favorite.  It may just stay in the basement, where I share a room with the kid's toys.  We can always use a few more quilts down here!

Check out everyone else's progress at Bonnie's linkup.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to sew soon - sewing the mysteries with everyone is so much fun. Take it easy though. I love your fabrics.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

get well very soon! It is distressing to hear that you are out of commission, but also great that you have fabric to fondle and keep you in the game.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...